how to quit school and get a real life and education
by Grace Llewellyn
Your life, time, and brain should belong to you, not an institution. This Handbook is for everyone who has ever gone to school, but it is especially a book for teenagers and people with teenagers in their lives. You’ll read
• good reasons to think about quitting school.
• how to reclaim your natural ability to learn and teach yourself.
• how to get your parents’ support, keep your friends, and stay out of legal trouble.
• how to design a personalized education that you can get excited about.
• how to go to college without going to high school.
• how to find volunteer positions, apprenticeships, and other work opportunities.
• how other unschooled teenagers live and learn.
This is also very appropriate for children in elementary school – not just high-schoolers. A home-schooler’s “bible”! This may be a hard read for parents who had a traditional schooling – realizing how much better your life and education could have been.